For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website (www.privacy.gov.au).
Your personal information
Personal information about visitors to our website is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
How we collect personal information
In the course of providing our services, we collect personal information in a variety of ways. For example, information is collected when you:
- Ask to be placed on one of our mailing lists;
- Ask to be referred to into our network of professionals;
- Apply for a job with us;
- Make an enquiry about our services;
- Visit our web site; or
- Become a client or debtor of the company.
Information provided by you
You provide most of the personal information directly to us and for a specific purpose.
How we use the information we collect
Use of the information for a secondary purpose
We may sometimes use the personal information we collect for a secondary purpose, that is, for use in a way different from the original reason for collection. We will only do this in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented;
- Where the secondary purpose is directly related to the primary purpose, and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information in such a way; or
- Where we are permitted or required by law, or it is in the interests of public safety to do so.
You can also request that information about you be corrected or deleted. This is part of our commitment to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
You should be aware that we may use your email address to contact you in the future. We will not sell or pass on your details to third parties.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our website. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Links to other websites
Central Property Exchange Pty Ltd (CPX) is the legal and rightful owner of the Property Compass®. This intellectual property encompasses a virtual real estate office with a distribution web platform, including marketing, presentation, business management systems and investment evaluation tools. In addition to this base intellectual property, CPX utilises under lawful license third-party solutions. Landlord Central Pty Ltd (LC) is a registered business in Western Australia. LC has the exclusive rights under its license to commercialise and sub-license the Property Compass® within Australia. These are the terms and conditions upon which LC permits usage of this website and products and/or services that are offered.
Terms of access to this website
This website (referred to in these Terms as the “Website”) is operated by LC on the World Wide Web (“WWW”). The material on the Website is owned and copyright © 2007 CPX and/or other copyright owners.
The Website is available for you to:
- Access, conditional upon your acceptance, without alteration of the terms and conditions set out below. By continuing to access the website you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out below in Part A (paragraphs A to V); and
- For access of information about properties products and/or services and is conditional on your acceptance without alteration of the terms and conditions set out below.
Use of material on the Website
A. Except for limited use as set out in paragraph B, you may not use the Website, or the material contained on it, for any other purpose. This includes:
- The reproduction of the material in any material form;
- The distribution of the material in any material form;
- Retransmission of the material by any medium of communication;
- Uploading and/or reposting the material to any other website on the WWW;
- ‘Framing’ the material on the Website with other material on any other WWW.
The above are ‘unlawful’ in any jurisdiction and specifically prohibited by these terms.
B. Notwithstanding the above restrictions on the use of material on the Website, you may download material from the Website for your personal non-commercial use, provided you do not remove any copyright and trade mark notices contained on the material.
C. You may not modify or copy:
- The layout of the Website; and
- Any computer software and code contained in the Website
D. LC reserves all intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to, copyright material and/or services provided by it. The material provided on the Website is provided for personal use only and may not be:
- Re-sold and/or redistributed in any material form;
- Stored in any storage media; and/or
- Re-transmitted in any media without the prior written consent of the LC.
Links to Other Websites
E. The Website contains links to sites on the WWW owned and operated by third parties and which are not under the control of LC.
F. In relation to the other sites on the WWW, which are linked to the Website, LC:
- Provides the links to other websites for you convenience, the existence of a link to other sites does not imply any endorsement by LC of the linked site; and
- Is not responsible for the material contained on those linked sites.
G. LC is making the Website available for others to publish information without assuming a duty of care to users. LC is not in the business of providing professional advice and gives no warranty, guarantee or representation about the accuracy, reliability or timeliness or otherwise, of the information contained on the Website and/or linked sites on the WWW.
- The information provided is not intended to constitute legal, financial or professional advice
- It has not taken into account and has no regard to the investment needs, objectives or circumstances (financial or otherwise) of particular recipients, and is not an exhaustive outline of available investment opportunities.
- LC makes no recommendation as to the merits of any investment opportunity referred to on this website.
- The calculations are based on many assumptions. LC recommends you seek the assistance of your Financial Planner or Accountant.
H. To the full extent permitted by law LC disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, regarding:
- The accuracy, reliability, timeliness or otherwise of any information contained or referred to on the Website and/or of any linked sites; and
- Merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose for any service or product contained or referred to on the Website and/or on any linked sites.
I. LC will not be liable under any circumstances for any loss of profits or any damages of any kind recognised by law (even if it has been advised of the possibility of such loss of profits or damages) which are the consequence of you:
- Acting, or failing to act, on any information contained on or referred to on the Website and/or any of the linked Websites; and
- Using or acquiring, or your inability to use or acquire, any service or product contained or referred to on the Website and/or any linked sites.
J. LC does not warrant, guarantee or make any representation that:
- The Website, or the server that makes the site available on the WWW are free of software viruses;
- The functions contained in any software contained on the Website will operate uninterrupted or are error-free; and
- Errors and defects in the Website will be corrected.
K. LC is not liable to you for:
- Errors or omissions in the Website, or linked sites on the WWW;
- Delays to, interruptions of, or cessation of the services provided in the Website, or linked sites; and
- Defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user of the Website, whether caused through negligence of LC, its employees or independent contractors, or through any other cause
L. You agree to accept the full cost of any necessary repair, correction and maintenance of any of your computer software or hardware, which may be necessary as a consequence of you accessing the Website.
Limitation of Liability
M. Disclaimer 1 and/or Disclaimer 2 may not apply to you in jurisdictions in which limitations on or exclusions of warranties or liabilities are not permitted by law. To the full extent permitted by law LC’s liability for any implied warranty or condition is limited, at the choice of LC, to one or more of the following:
If the breach of an implied warranty or condition relates to services:
- the supply of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
If the breach of an implied warranty or condition relates to goods:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of such goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods, or having the goods repaired.
Use of information gathered
N. LC and/or people authorised by it may gather and process the information:
- which you may provide when accessing the Website, such as your name, address, e-mail address and other personal information about you; and
- regarding the way in which you use the Website including, without limitation, information acquired through the use of “cookies” programmed during the accessing of the Website.
Termination of Access
O. LC may terminate access to the Website at any time without giving any explanation or justification for the termination of access, and LC has no liability for any costs, losses or damages of any kind arising as a consequence of terminating access to the Website.
Alteration of Terms of Access
LC reserves the right to change these Terms of Access:
- with or without further notice to you; and
- without giving you any explanation or justification for such change.
P. If any part of this Agreement is found to be void, unlawful, or unenforceable then that part will be deemed to be severable from the balance of this Agreement and the severed part will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Q. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the law of WA, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws.
R. You agree to the jurisdiction of the courts of WA to determine any dispute arising out of this Agreement.
Our network of Professionals
S. LC endeavours to expand our network Australia-wide with qualified and ethical professionals. However it is NOT within the capacity of LC to ensure these professionals are currently complying within their respective legislation, laws or code of practice.
Our network of professionals may include, but is not limited to;
T. Real Estate Agents, Consultants, Buyers Agents, Valuers, Financial Planners, Financiers / Mortgage Brokers, Immigration Agents, Accountants, Developers, Quantity Surveyors, Banks, Superannuation Organisations.
U. LC uses the Property Compass® system to assist property investor evaluate properties. The business system is also sub-licensed to our network of professionals. LC offers a range of support tools and directs referrals to our network of professionals. LC does not act in the capacity of any of the professions. LC passes all property enquiries to the respective profession.
V. LC acts on your request to forward your information in the format that you have given, to our network of professionals.